The Life Team of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church exists to help equip the church to be Gospel-driven champions of life.
Do you know someone in an unplanned pregnancy?
Our team is trained to offer compassion, hope, and help to those facing an unsupported pregnancy. We are available to come alongside anyone in our church or community and to refer them to vital, helpful resources. You don’t have to make these decisions alone!
If you or someone you know would benefit from loving support or would like to know more, please connect with the listed pregnancy centers or contact the Champions of Life team leader, Amy Scherschligt, at (916)952-8222 or email@example.com
We are Rescued Rescuers!
The gospel is the greatest rescue story every told. We believe the gospel, sing about it, teach it and out of gratitude, we live it. Christians are “rescued rescuers.” We do this by:
- steeping ourselves in the gospel
- integrating life issues into the church’s ministries and outreach
- serving the church by engaging, encouraging and equipping.
It is our joy to equip our church to rescue those at either end of life: the Preborn and older adults, the “orphans and widows” of our times.
- Pre-born rescue: support of two local pregnancy centers, semi-annual prayer vigils with 40 Days for Life, compassion and help for women and men in unplanned pregnancies
- Older Adults: We participate in our church’s visitation team serving the elderly.
If you are interested in joining our team, please come observe one of our monthly meetings. Contact Amy Scherschligt at ChampionsofLife@fopc.org.
Our Life Team is the Pacific Area Life Team of Presbyterians Protecting Life.
Please visit www.ppl.org and subscribe to their newsletter.