The Life Team of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church exists to help equip the church to be Gospel-driven champions of life.
Do you know someone in an unplanned pregnancy?
Our team “CHAMPIONS OF LIFE” is trained, ready and willing to offer compassion, hope, and help to those facing an unsupported pregnancy. We are available to come alongside anyone in our church or community and to refer them to vital, helpful resources.
No one needs to make these decisions alone!
If you or someone you know would benefit from being connected to loving, gospel inspired support or would like to know more, please contact “CHAMPIONS OF LIFE” team leader Amy Scherschligt at (916)952-8222 or email@example.com
We are Rescued Rescuers!
The gospel is the greatest rescue story every told. We believe the gospel, sing about it, teach it and out of gratitude, we live it. Christians are “rescued rescuers.” We do this by:
- steeping ourselves in the gospel
- integrating life issues into the church’s ministries and outreach
- serving the church by engaging, encouraging and equipping.
In the fall of 2016 our team of ten women participated in ministry training through Churches For Life, led by Pastor Doug Merkey. We are excited to serve FOPC and to enjoy and express the gospel to its fullest extent. getintolife.org
It is our joy to equip our church to rescue those at either end of life: the Preborn and older adults, the “orphans and widows” of our times.
- Preborn rescue: support of two local pregnancy centers, semi-annual prayer vigils with 40 Days for Life, compassion and help for women and men at FOPC in unplanned pregnancies
- Older Adults: our nursing home ministry is under construction. Due date: 2018
If you are interested in joining us, please come observe one of our monthly meetings. Contact Amy Scherschligt, Team Leader at (916)952-8222 or ChampionsofLife@fopc.org.
Our Life Team is the Pacific Area chapter of Presbyterians Protecting Life.
Please visit www.ppl.org and subscribe to their newsletter.