The core practice of giving in the Bible is called tithing. It means we give the first 10% of our income to God. It’s an act of trust that expresses our gratitude for what God is doing in our lives and our commitment to loving and helping others. If tithing is new to you, the tithe challenge can help you get started. If, after 90 days, you believe it’s not sustainable, we will give your money back.
What is Stewardship?
It’s not all about money
- It’s about heart change and mind change and Christ change as we deepen our faith.
- It’s about watching with awe at lives being transformed.
- It’s about surrendering our lives…even the scary parts.
As believers mature on their spiritual walk, they become aware that everything in life is a gift from God. Indeed, we owe our very lives to our Creator. Once we understand this truth, it extends to every aspect of life: our family, our house, our car, our time, our talents, our gifts, and our money are all gifts from the Lord. Time, talent, and treasure: Those are the three “Ts” of stewardship.
Maturing Christians long to be responsible stewards of God’s resources. Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church exists to help our members and attendees to become fully-surrendered stewards for Christ. We believe the foundation of Stewardship is faith in Christ and a desire to serve Him.
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion,
for God loves a cheerful giver. — 2 Corinthians 9:7
Four ways to give:
- Online via the “Donate” button below.
- Mobile App via the SecureGive App (iPhone & Android).
- Electronic Giving directly from your checking or savings account. (Form)