What is Stewardship?
It’s not all about money
- It’s about heart change and mind change and Christ change as we deepen our faith.
- It’s about watching with awe at lives being transformed.
- It’s about surrendering our lives…even the scary parts.
As believers mature on their spiritual walk, they become aware that everything in life is a gift from God. Indeed, we owe our very lives to our Creator. Once we understand this truth, it extends to every aspect of life: our family, our house, our car, our time, our talents, our gifts, and our money are all gifts from the Lord. Time, talent, and treasure: Those are the three “Ts” of stewardship.
Maturing Christians long to be responsible stewards of God’s resources. Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church exists to help our members and attendees to become fully-surrendered stewards for Christ. We believe the foundation of Stewardship is faith in Christ and a desire to serve Him.
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion,
for God loves a cheerful giver. — 2 Corinthians 9:7
Four ways to give:
- Online via the “Donate” button below.
- Mobile App via the SecureGive App (iPhone & Android).
- Electronic Giving directly from your checking or savings account. (Form)
Did you know?
If you are age 70½ or older, you can make gifts directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church without paying income tax on the withdrawal.
- You must be age 70½ or older at the time the gift is made.
- Gifts can be used to satisfy your IRA required minimum distribution each year. Each person may give up to $100,000 annually.
- Gifts can be designated to fulfill your pledge(s) or where most needed.
- Processing your gift. You must request from the IRA plan custodian a distribution paid directly from the IRA to Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church for the gift to be non-taxable.
Funds held in 401(k), 403(b), SEP-IRA, SIMPLE IRA, or tax-deferred annuity plans are not eligible but may be rolled over into a Standard IRA, and then used to make tax-free gifts to FOPC.
If you have further questions about giving through your IRA, please contact the Finance Department. 916.967.4784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church
ATTN: Finance Department
11427 Fair Oaks Blvd
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Tax ID 94-1569346
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an independent attorney or tax advisor.
90 Day Tithe Challenge
The core practice of giving in the Bible is called tithing. It means we give the first 10% of our income to God. It’s an act of trust that expresses our gratitude for what God is doing in our lives and our commitment to loving and helping others. If tithing is new to you, the tithe challenge can help you get started. If, after 90 days, you believe it’s not sustainable, we will give your money back.